M.D, R.V.T, R.P.V.I, F.S.C.A.I, F.S.V.M
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Vascular and Endovascular Medicine
Accepting New Patients:
I am accepting new patients
902 West Randol Mill Rd
Arlington, Texas 76012
- Coronary angiography/ angioplasty/ stent placement via radial access
- Endovascular interventions for peripheral arterial disease
- Percutaneous closure of atrial septal defect/PFO
- Carotid angiography and stent placement
- Endovenous ablation for varicose veins
- Vascular ultrasonography
- Cardiac CT angiography
- Nuclear cardiology
- Acute Limb Ischemia: Advances in endovascular management and a report of our initial experience of effective management in an outpatient catheterization lab setting. Northeast Florida Medicine 2014: 65(1) 37-41. Lokhandwala J
- Frequency of allergic or hematologic adverse reactions to ticlopidine among patients with allergic or hematologic adverse reactions to clopidogrel. Circulation Cardiovascular Interventions 2009 July 22. Lokhandwala J, Best PJM, Berger PB et al.
- Sex Differences in Percutaneous Coronary Interventions. Journal of Cardiovascular Translational Research 2009 2(3): 300-305. Lokhandwala J, Kimberly S
- Case report: leg swelling due to urinary obstruction. Vascular Medicine 2006 l I: 263-265. Lokhandwala J, Gornik H.
- Assessing left main lesions with intravascular ultrasound or fractional flow reserve. Cardiac Interventions Today, October 2009. Lokhandwala J, Hodgson JM.
- Environmental, occupational and hereditary vascular disorders. Juzar Lokhandwala MD, John Bartholomew MD. Book chapter for Textbook of Vascular Medicine and Interventions. Cambridge University Press, New York. 2009
- The transradial approach- From the fellows and recent graduates. Cardiac Interventions Today, February 2010
- Case of a patient with a suspected allergic reaction to clopidogrel shortly after receiving a drug eluting stent. Juzar Lokhandwala MD and Peter Berger MD. Published as aCME activity on www.plateletnews.org 2009
- Dairywala I, Lokhandwala J, Jain D et al. Severe refractory hypoxemia following a gunshot injury. Chest 2005; 127:398-401. Lokhandwala J, Gornik H.
- Three-dimensional echocardiography of intra-cardiac masses. Echocardiography 2004; 21(2):159-163. Lokhandwala J, Liu Z, Vannan M et al
- St Augustine Women's Journal: 2010-2011: Bimonthly cardiovascular patient information articles on topics ranging from antiplatelet therapy, fish oil, radial access, women's heart health.
- Mansfield Magazine: January 2017: "Improving Heart Health with a Focus on Mind and Body", Juzar Lokhandwala, MD.
- HeartPlace North Arlington's Dr. Juzar Lokhandwala on KERA: Recent Study Links Statins And Muscle Pain
- Lokhandwala J, Best P, Evans K, Berger P. Frequency of allergy to ticlopidine among patients allergic to clopidogrel (and vice versa). Poster presented at Cardiovascular Revascularization Therapies - 2008, Washington, DC. Oral presentation of research at Annual Research Day at Geisinger Clinic, 2008- awarded the best oralz research presentation.
- Ultrasound evaluation of arteriovenous fistulae for hemodialysis. Vascular Medicine Grand Rounds presentation at Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland OH 2006
- Factors affecting selection in to a fellowship program, as perceived by internal medicine residents. Oral presentation of research at Annual Internal Medicine Research day. Drexel University College of Medicine 2004
- How Coffee Boosts Your Morning And Maybe Your Life, Some good news for coffee drinkers. A Harvard study published in the journal Circulation found people who drink three to five cups a day are less likely to die from a range of diseases, from diabetes to heart disease.
- What is broken heart syndrome?
- Internal Medicine
- Vascular Medicine (General)
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography (RVT, RPVl)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- lnterventional Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
- Vascular Medicine (Endovascular)
- Nuclear Cardiology
- As an interventional cardiologist with HeartPlace, Dr. Lokhandwala specializes in minimally invasive treatment of blockages in the heart and other blood vessels of the body including legs, carotid arteries and kidney arteries and in treatment of varicose veins. He believes in a comprehensive approach to cardiac and vascular health.
- Gujarati, Hindi
- Medical School: M.S. University of Baroda, Medical College, India, (1995-2001)
- Residency, Internal Medicine: Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, (2002-2005)
- Fellowship, Vascular Medicine: The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, (2005-2006)
- Fellowship, Cardiology: Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA, (2006-2009)
- Fellowship, Interventional Cardiology: Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA, (2009 – 2010)